Roy is a passionate professional with broad knowledge and experience in the areas of risk management and internal audit. A military background (12 years in the Dutch Ministry of Defense as a naval officer) combined with multiple roles in Audit & Risk explicitly qualifies Roy to support organizations on a wide array of subject matters.
As Director Advisory Services at Grant Thornton (GT) in the Dutch Caribbean he comprehensively manages GT’s Advisory portfolio. He has over 15 years of experience in Audit & Risk advisory. His last role before joining Grant Thornton in the Dutch Caribbean, was Director and service line lead Risk Advisory at Deloitte Dutch Caribbean. Roy and his consultants performed assignments cross industry and also advised organizations throughout the Dutch Caribbean on the design and effective functioning of the three lines of defense.
After his active service in the MoD he acted as a principal consultant Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) with Atos Consulting. He led multiple project teams performing GRC projects for clients in different sectors and frequently advised clients on the implementation of their lines of defense.
During his career he specialized in risk management in the context of complex transformations, mostly governed by strategically driven organization wide programs.
Relevant project experience:
- Managed multiple projects for FSI clients in the Dutch Caribbean (mostly Curacao and Aruba) with a focus on risk management and compliance as part of the 2nd line of defense.
- Performed multiple roles ad interim with a focus on controlled execution of business operations.
- Acted as Risk Manager on a program for a multi-year SAP implementation programme at a Utility company in the Dutch Caribbean.
- Acted as Risk Manager in a large scale IT workplace transition programmes at a Financial Institution. Roy’s role was to manage risks in programme and project execution to advise transition & programme management on.
- Master’s degree in Economics from the Vrije Universiteit
- Executive Master in Internal/Operational Auditing & Advisory from the Erasmus School of Accounting & Assurance