Location: CuraçaoApply for this position
At Grant Thornton, we invite you to bring your own self—empowering you with the flexibility, support and opportunities from day one.
What does your work look like?
Grant Thornton understands how important audited financial statements are to businesses, shareholders/owners, lenders, investors and other stakeholders. We work with some of the country’s most successful private and public companies to first understand their businesses and the risks they face, and then focus our efforts where they matter most. We work with clients to improve their overall financial reporting processes and to help them better understand their operations and performance. We consider it our job to continually inform our clients about accounting, financial and regulatory developments that may affect their businesses.
What are the role’s main responsibilities, what will it involve?
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements in a wide variety of industries with the ability to manage to budget;
- Pro-actively communicate with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts effectively;
- Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations on business improvement and process improvement and serve as a business advisor to client;
- Team with partners and senior managers on proposals and business development calls;
- Understand and manage firm risk on audits and proposals;
- Manage, develop, train, mentor and motivate staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews;
- Actively participate in recruiting talent to the firm;
- Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis;
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality;
What we are looking for
The GT Ambassador:
- Works closely with his/her team members and clients to get the best results
- Leads himself/herself and others to grow as an individual and as a team
- Strives to get the best results in any situation
- Is able to deal with seamlessly with changing circumstances and anticipated and unexpected situations
- Takes ownership and keeps his/her promises
- Treats people, objects and the environment with respect
As Manager Audit you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- Someone who is creative in thinking, a do-er mentality;
- Someone who has a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and Go Beyond;
- Someone that seizes the opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimize growth for both our clients and ourselves;
- Someone who can apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow;
- A Bachelor or master’s degree in auditing or accounting;
- You hold a qualification such as CPA, AA or RA;
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive audit experience in a medium to large public accounting firm or equivalent. Big 4 experience a plus;
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in IFRS rules and standards;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
You recognize yourself as our new GT Ambassador and in our CLEARR core values: Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
Send an e-mail with your motivation letter, resume and diploma(s) to email@example.com
If you apply and are selected to interview, a Grant Thornton team member will reach out to you to schedule a time to connect. We encourage you to also check out other roles that may be a good fit for you or get to know us a little bit better at Grant Thornton!